1. Please read the following clauses carefully as they tell you everything you need to know about the agreement you will enter into in respect of SK Gas. In all these clauses, the company is SK Gas. If you are uncertain as to your rights under them or you want any explanation about them, please contact us using the details on www.sk-gas.co.uk.
2. All quotes and work carried out are subject to the conditions contained in this agreement.
3. Where a date has been agreed for work, in case of unforeseen circumstances, beyond reasonable control of the company or you, we will agree an alternative date.
4. The company will carry out the whole of the work specified in this quotation at the price quoted. Any variations or additions requested by you may be subject to an additional charge.
5. You shall at your own expense obtain all necessary consents for the installation of the works, including (without installation) building regulations and planning consents, consents from neighbours and mortgages.
6. If you are a tenant, you may need your landlord’s permission for an installation to be carried out. The company will assume such permission has been granted and shall have no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage arising from failure to obtain such permission.
7. You will provide reasonable access to enable installations to be completed. You also agree to provide the necessary service utilities for installation at no charge.
8. Your order is accepted subject to the condition that there must be an adequate gas supply to the property prior to work starting. Without prejudice to the company’s rights, where such supply is not laid to enable work to commence, the company may cancel the contract and shall not have any liability for any costs, loss or damage arising from such cancellation. In some circumstances, the size of the existing gas rate cannot always be determined. If a new gas pipe is required, this will be charged in addition to the quoted price.
9. The prices specified in this agreement do not include the price of removing any dangerous waste materials such as asbestos found when carrying out the installation. If during the execution of the works, asbestos is encountered, the company reserves the right to withdraw its installation staff immediately until the site is made safe or to cancel the job. The cost of removing asbestos is not included within the price.
10. Where the company needs to connect new equipment to your existing plumbing, gas or heating system, it will not accept liability for the cost of repairing or replacing parts of your existing system which subsequently develops faults. In certain situations, we may charge for visits made to your home if part of your system we have not worked on is faulty or has developed a fault after the installation has been conducted. The company will not accept liability where any issue arises because your water supply becomes inadequate or the water/gas pressure becomes variable.
11. SK Gas accepts no responsibility for any existing installations that are present, which include, but are not limited to: pipework, radiators, valves, taps, pumps, boilers, electrical controls, drainage and bathroom & WC services. Any work resulting to a change to a higher pressure rated system such as an unvented cylinder, sealed system and power flushing, can cause leaks in existing components that we will not be liable for. Any cost of repairs for which we are not liable will be notified to you. When installing a new boiler, if your system is excessively full of magnetite and sludge, a power flush might be required which will be at an additional cost which will be notified to you. Where a customer has requested that an existing appliance be re-installed or moved (eg. boiler), SK Gas accepts no liability for any internal leaks or malfunctions of this appliance as a direct result of this installation.
12. The warranty for a boiler and or cylinder will be covered by the manufacturers. The warranty only applies to the boiler. It does not apply to any existing parts of the system. All boilers need to be serviced annually to remain under warranty.
If the warranty becomes void due to the appliance not being serviced, then SK Gas accepts no responsibility for this.
13. The company accepts no liability for the removal of any carpets, linoleum and special types of flooring, eg. tongue and grooved, parquet, hard wood or tiled floors in order to carry out the installation.
14. The company will take all reasonable care to carry out the installation. However, you accept that the installation, including removing or destroying existing fixtures or fittings, may cause damage to your decorations and fittings in your home and you will not hold SK Gas liable for this damage. It is anticipated that certain areas in your home may need redecoration following completion of any of our work. This will be your responsibility and is not included in the price.
15. When carrying out any plumbing job, it is inevitable at some point that some water will end up on the floor. In particular, when removing old radiators, sludge causes the water within to turn black, and this water may well drip on carpets and stain them. Although we take precautions to minimise leakage, it is not possible to avoid this entirely at all times. By agreeing to any plumbing work by us, you accept that SK Gas will not be liable for any water damage and stains to your flooring and fixtures during the course of the work.
16. The company shall not have any liability for any failure to perform its obligations under any quotation if it is prevented from doing so by any cause reasonably beyond its control; including without limitation; adverse weather conditions, fire, accident or war, a failure or delay attributable to any electricity, water or gas network, the act or omission of any party for whom the company is not responsible.
17. The company will not be liable under this agreement for any loss or damage caused by the company or its employees or agents in circumstances where;
17.1. There is no breach or illegal duty of care owed to you by the company or by any of the company’s employees or agents.
17.2. Such loss of damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach.
17.3. Any increase in loss or damage resulting from breach by you of any term of this contract.
18. The company does not exclude any liability for loss of or damage to property directly resulting from the company’s breach of the agreement, but the company’s liability for such loss or damage shall be limited to those losses which are of a foreseeable consequence of the breach in respect of any one incident or series of incidents whether related or unrelated in any period of twenty-four months.
19. Our workers carrying out any gas job are Gas Safe registered or at the very least, supervised by a Gas Safe engineer.
19.1 In the course of carrying out any gas work, whether that’s an installation, service, repair or safety certificate, we may deem an appliance or installation to be unsafe. We are required by law not to leave behind an unsafe installation. This may mean that we have to disconnect the appliance or cap the gas meter to block the gas supply and ensure a safe environment. This course of action should in no way nullify payment for work carried out. For instance, if the customer supplies a cooker to be fitted and the cooker is found to be unsafe, full payment will still be required for assessing the cooker, among other works, despite the cooker having to be left disconnected. Equally, if during the course of a service or repair, the appliance or pipework is found to be unsafe, the installation may have to be disconnected but full payment will still be required for the service or repair.
20. Standard charges. All charges will be clearly laid on within our quotation. In situations when a quotation has not and/or cannot be provided (e.g. Immediate or Emergency works), then our normal charges apply and are as follows:
20.1 Unless otherwise specified, our rate is £60 per hour (or any part thereof) for the first hour and £40 per hour thereafter, plus any other additional travel and parking charges (see below). Emergency call out, evening, weekend and bank holiday rates may vary.
20.2 Material charges. These will be applied for the supply of any parts and materials necessary beyond those quoted, and any such charges will be identified on the final invoice you receive.
20.3 Troubleshooting. Where the customer has requested that we troubleshoot a problem only but not to carry out the work, then our standard hourly rate plus any additional travel charges (as below) will apply unless otherwise stated.
20.4 Boiler and heating servicing. The cost of a standard service is £90 (plus any additional travel and parking charges as below) . Please note, this a service and not a repair. Any additional time spent on a repair or materials bought will be added on accordingly.
20.5 Landlord Certificates. The cost of as landlord certificate is as quoted (plus any other additional travel and parking charges).
20.6 In the course of carrying out a boiler service or repair, other components may require replacement, such as seals and washers, or where found to be defective. The cost of the parts and work will be in addition to the price quoted for the original service or repair and will be notified to you.
20.7 Additional Travel and Parking charges. These will be added on to the invoice to cover parking and congestion and Ulez charges, as applicable.
20.8 Parking permits. It is the responsibility of the home owner, tenant or agent to provide a parking permit or to register our van with the local authority for parking, wherever possible. This particularly applies where there are no pay and display parking bays within a reasonable distance (no more than 50m) of the property. This is because it is very inconvenient and time consuming to have to walk to and from the van for parts that might be needed and to keep checking on it for wardens. Therefore, we kindly request that our customers organise parking prior to us arriving, Our vehicle registration details are available upon request.
20.9 Call backs. Should you feel there is an issue with our work, then we will be very happy to return and rectify it at no cost. However, should we return to site for a call back, but the problem be unrelated to the work carried out by SK Gas, then our standard charges shall apply.
20.10 All of our estimates and quotations are free and without obligation. All prices are inclusive of VAT.
21. Acceptance of quotation can be made by email (email@example.com) or text (074 868 54756). And communication done by email or text will be deemed to be in writing.
22. Where an order includes customised items these items will be non-refundable once the order is placed with us, and should you cancel your order with us the cost of any custom items shall still be payable in full. Where a previously accepted order is cancelled with less than 7 days notice we reserve the right to still invoice you for any items that are priced at £700 or greater.
23. Payment is to be made by cash, bank transfer or Paypal on the day.
23.1. Title in the goods will not pass to the Buyer but shall be retained pending payment in full of the price. Until such time as title passes to the Buyer, SK Gas shall have absolute authority to re-take, sell or otherwise deal with or dispose of all or any part of the goods in which title remains vested in them.
23.2. For the purposes specified above, SK Gas or any of their agents or authorised representatives shall be entitled at any reasonable time during normal working hours to enter without notice onto any premises where the goods or any part of the goods are installed, stored or kept or are reasonably believed to be.
23.3. SK Gas shall also be entitled to seek an injunction to prevent the Buyer from selling, transferring or otherwise disposing of the goods.
24. For all projects where stage payment terms apply, payment MUST be paid with 7 days of each stage completion. Failure to do so will instigate legal proceedings.
25. In the event of any alleged minor defects the customer shall not be entitled to withhold more than 5% or £50 (whichever is greater) of the balance due.
26. Once the company has corrected the minor defect as outlined in clause 25, the withheld amount must be paid in full.
27. Where payments are not made upon the due date as per above clauses, the company will charge daily interest on late payments at a rate of 15% above the base rate of the Bank of England. If you make payment and it is subsequently stopped, declined or returned by the bank for any reason, the company will charge you administration costs (letters and telephone calls made to you and any other charges incurred).
28. For any work not paid on the day, you will be sent an invoice for payment within seven days of installation completion. Failure to make payment within specific time periods as outlined within the quotation and/or the Terms and Conditions will instigate legal proceedings to commence. These will carried by a registered legal firm and all proceedings will be governed in accordance with English Law.
29. After delivery of any goods from the company, you will be responsible for their safe keeping and you should make sure that you are adequately insured against loss or damage which may occur to those goods.
30. This agreement is personal to you and not transferable to without written authority from SK Gas.
Following the Company’s acceptance of our order, in accordance with terms above and in conjunction with the “Cancellation of Contracts made in a Consumers Home or Place of Work Regulations 2008 you are entitled to a 14 day cooling off period commencing from the date of the contract. You have a right to cancel the contract within this period (not if works have commenced however) and this right can be exercised by notifying SK Gas by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text (074 868 54756) at any time within the 14 days starting with the day of receipt. We will permit you to cancel the contract by sending the written notice no later than 14 days after the date on which acceptance of the works took place. If you request cancellation at a later date, then unless we are in breach of contract we have the right to refuse or retain all or part of your deposit.